Entertainment Technician, Arts & Entertainment
The Butchart Gardens is looking for an individual to fill the following position:
DEPARTMENT: ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
POSITION: Entertainment Technician Level 1
This is an entry-level position for an individual with an interest in gaining some entertainment support experience. Because heavy lifting will be required, physical fitness is necessary. This individual will be expected to assist with any entertainment activities that fall under the jurisdiction of The Butchart Gardens. He or she will be expected to assist the artists and work in conjunction with other Gardens’ staff.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assist with running daily stage performances, including setup and strike.
- Assist with the seasonal setup and strike of performance venues.
- Assist with regular maintenance of venues and equipment.
- Assist with daily record keeping and reporting.
- Assist Visual Arts with Christmas light testing as required and able.
- Assist Fireworks crew when and if required.
- Assist with the organization, maintenance and cleaning of work areas.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Good physical condition.
- Physical ability to do heavy lifting. Individuals with repetitive strain or back injury should not apply.
- Comfortable working at moderate heights.
- Flexibility in scheduling of hours.
- Valid BC Drivers License.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Desire to be a team player.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with entertainers, audience and other staff.
- Basic knowledge of audio, lighting, stage carpentry, stage rigging.
- Basic knowledge of current entertainment industry practices.
- Ability to operate hand tools and power tools.
For further information, contact J. Craig Moddle, Manager of Arts & Entertainment