Enjoy the summer entertainment program as part of your general admission ticket -- no extra charge for lovely evenings on the Concert Lawn or for Firework Saturdays.
"Jaw-dropping fireworks display" - Michael Reid, Around Town columnist, Times Colonist (July, 2010)
Firework shows began in 1977 and the superb fireworks continue to be enjoyed in The Gardens' magnificent setting. Every summer Saturday night these lavish shows dazzle visitors with their unique blend of spectacle and music. Bring warm clothing and, if desired, a cover to sit upon the ground. Blankets are available for purchase on site.
"What’s amazing is that I managed to get Fourth of July fireworks in Canada. They weren’t Fourth of July fireworks, of course; they were The Butchart Gardens Saturday night summer fireworks. But they were the most original ones I’d ever seen. Lots of ground-level pyrotechnics with song and story along with the aerials. Really nice, especially at the end of an evening that included a look at the famous beautifully manicured gardens and a picnic amid them (a popular offering, judging by how many of us were running around with picnic baskets)." Helen Anders, travel writer, American Statesman, Austin, TX (July, 2009)
Consider a lovely summer picnic available on the Residence Lawn. Gourmet Picnic Menu
Enjoy a short video clip from one of our famous fireworks displays. Each year the show changes and the video clip offers you a glimpse of part of a display you might see. See YouTube postings of some of our shows. See Flickr postings of some of our shows.
After the show you can enjoy a recital from the rare Aeolian Pipe Organ situated in the loft of the Organ Pavilion. Originally this building was a barn used for the milking of cows kept on the property. Live performances are played on this wonderful old organ for a half hour following each Fireworks show.
- We highly recommend you do not bring your pet as they are very frightened and distressed by fireworks and music.
- While the majority bring a ground cover and sit on the lawn, we do have a designated area specifically for those wishing to bring lawn chairs.
- These exciting shows can cause long car line-ups. If you take BC Transit you'll be dropped right at the admission gate. BC Transit does run a bus into Victoria after the fireworks. Times do vary so call BC Transit at 250-382-6161. Press 0 when the recorded message begins and ask the attendant for the time on the night you wish to visit.
- Admission gates do close to vehicles when parking lots are full. Taxis, limos and buses dropping off passengers continue to be permitted entry.
- Readmission is not permitted on Fireworks Saturdays.
- The fireworks show is an outdoor event - rain or shine - and is, therefore, influenced by the weather. We do not issue refunds or rainchecks.
2013 Show Times