- Face coverings are required if visiting the Seed and Gift Store and/or the Information Centre, however, face coverings are recommended inside facilities for those that are not fully vaccinated. Masks or face coverings are not required for outdoor areas of The Gardens. Exceptions to our indoor mask policy include:
• Children under 12 years of age, however, mask use is encouraged for those aged 5 to 11 years
• Persons with a medical condition or disability that inhibits their ability to wear a face covering
• Persons who are unable to place or remove their mask without assistance
- Please follow the instructions of our staff. Visitors must conduct themselves in a respectful manner; obscene language or clothing, abusive behaviour or violence will not be tolerated and will result in removal from The Gardens.
- Please be patient as we are closely monitoring how many visitors are admitted into the garden at one time to allow for physical distancing.
- Children must remain directly at your side and under control at all times, or we may ask you to leave.
- Pets are welcome to visit provided they are kept directly at your side and under control at all times. You are expected to clean up after your pet.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in your removal from the premises.
Please note that you are visiting The Butchart Gardens at your own risk.
GARDENS AND FACILITIES
The Dining Room Restaurant is open daily for Afternoon Tea, with limited seating from 11:30am – 3:00pm.
The Coffee Shop is open daily 9:00am – 5:00pm, following all guidelines for physical distancing. Take-away service is also available.
The Gelateria is open daily 11:00am – 4:30pm.
Annabelle’s Café is open daily from 10:30am – 3:30pm.
Blue Poppy Restaurant remains temporarily closed.
SEED & GIFT STORE
Open daily, 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Face coverings are mandatory inside the Seed & Gift Store; no food or beverages permitted inside.
Following protocols to allow for physical distancing, capacity monitoring and sanitary precautions. Online shopping and phone-in orders are available at 250-652-4422, with complimentary pick-up at the Admission Gate.
A limited number of drinking fountains and water stations are available, we encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle.
Due to COVID-19 we are unable to supply umbrellas.
Picnics are only permitted in the designated area located adjacent to the main parking lot. A limited number of picnic tables are available. BBQs of any kind are not permitted.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING LAWN CHAIRS
Due to COVID-19 and physical distancing, we are currently not permitting the use of tripods for photography throughout The Gardens.
Open for 12 Month Pass sales and renewals only. Plant I.D. is temporarily unavailable. Face coverings are mandatory inside.
NO CASH TRANSACTIONS
Debit and credit cards accepted.
12 MONTH PASSES
We have extended all 12 Month Passes that were valid between February 1-15, 2021 by the total number of days we were closed (15).
Learn more about the steps we are taking to protect Visitors and Staff by clicking here.
Travel to Canada: See details here.
Tour Operators: You must contact us in advance. Learn more.
-This is our most up-to-date information, please continue to check back for updates.-