- All visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering when visiting, except when:
• Under 12 years of age, however, mask use is encouraged for children aged 5 to 11 years
• Inside their vehicle
• Seated and consuming food or beverage (we ask that visitors use discretion when consuming take-away food or beverages, maintain physical distance as appropriate, and don their mask when finished)
• A medical condition or disability inhibits the ability to wear a face covering
• A person is unable to place or remove their mask without assistance
- Please follow the instructions of our staff.
- Large groups are required to split up, with a maximum of 10 persons walking together.
- Please be patient as we are closely monitoring how many visitors are allowed into the garden at one time. Maintain physical distancing, and do not allow you or your group to get within 2m/6ft of another person or group.
- Children must remain directly at your side and under control at all times, or we may ask you to leave.
- Pets are welcome to visit provided they are kept directly at your side and under control at all times. You are expected to clean up after your pet.
- Please keep to the right on all pathways. Follow the directional arrows and abide by the Do Not Enter signs.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in your removal from the premises.
Please note that you are visiting The Butchart Gardens at your own risk.
Visitors will be asked the following questions before being admitted to The Gardens:
- Have you experienced cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone else who has had these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- If you have travelled outside of Canada, have you quarantined in Canada for 14 days?
- Are you in possession of a face covering that covers your mouth and nose, and do you agree to wear this covering when outside your vehicle while visiting The Butchart Gardens?
GARDENS AND FACILITIES
The Dining Room Restaurant is open daily for Afternoon Tea, with limited outdoor only seating from 11:30am – 3:00pm. A maximum of six guests, belonging to the same group, may be seated together.
The Coffee Shop is open daily 9:00am – 5:00pm, with limited outdoor seating for groups of up to 6 people, following all guidelines for physical distancing. Take-away service is also available. Indoor seating is temporarily unavailable.
The Gelateria is open daily 11:30am – 4:30pm.
Annabelle’s Café is open daily 10:30am – 3:30pm.
Blue Poppy Restaurant remains temporarily closed.
SEED & GIFT STORE
Open daily, 10:00am – 4:30pm
Face coverings are mandatory inside the Seed & Gift Store; no food or beverages permitted inside.
Following protocols to allow for physical distancing, capacity monitoring and sanitary precautions. Online shopping and phone-in orders are available at 250-652-4422, with complimentary pick-up at the Admission Gate.
Limited drinking fountains are available, we ask that where possible you bring your own water.
Available at the turnstile entrance, Waterwheel Square and near the Carousel Building.
Due to COVID-19 we are unable to supply umbrellas.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING LAWN CHAIRS or FOOD TO THE GARDENS
We are not permitting picnics or seated gatherings. Small snacks and drinks for medical purposes are permitted.
Due to COVID-19 and physical distancing, we are currently not permitting the use of tripods for photography throughout The Gardens.
Open for 12 Month Pass sales and renewals only. Plant I.D. is temporarily unavailable.
NO CASH TRANSACTIONS
Debit and credit cards accepted.
12 MONTH PASSES
We have extended all 12 Month Passes that were valid between February 1-15, 2021 by the total number of days we were closed (15).
Learn more about the steps we are taking to protect Visitors and Staff by clicking here.
Travel to Canada: See details here.
Tour Operators: You must contact us in advance. Learn more.
-This is our most up-to-date information, please continue to check back for updates.-