Chef’s Recipe: Lemon Cream Cheese Bar
Lemon Cream Cheese Bar
Makes a 9′ X 13′ pan
Chase the ‘winter blues’ away with a sweet and velvety treat. The combination of refreshing lemon and silky cream cheese creates a light and tangy delight, the perfect treat for a spring day.
|All-purpose flour||295 grams||2 cups|
|Granulated sugar||113 grams||1/2 cup|
|Salt||2.5 ml||1/2 tsp|
|Butter (cold and cubed)||227 grams||1/2 pound|
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 9″ x 13″ pan with parchment paper
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and butter cubes in a food processor. Pulse until a fine crumb forms.
- Press into the lined 9″ x 13″ pan and pre-bake for 10 – 15 minutes while filling is prepared.
|Cream cheese (softened)||229 grams||8 oz|
|Granulated sugar||450 grams||2 cups|
|All-purpose flour (sifted)||50 grams||1/4 cup|
|Lemon juice (fresh)||183 grams||3/4 cup|
|Vanilla||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Lemon zest||5 ml||1 tsp|
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Cream until smooth.
- Stir in flour, then slowly add lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and eggs one at a time until completely incorporated.
- Pour filling over pre-baked crust and return to the oven for about 30 minutes or until it sets.
- Allow to cool before transferring out of the pan. Chill in the fridge for at least another 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Cut, dust with icing sugar, enjoy.
Download and print recipe: Lemon Cream Cheese Bar