December 1–January 6
Colourful lights, carollers, ice skating and festive fare—Christmas is a cheerful time of year at The Gardens. Experience the Magic of Christmas. Bundle up and stroll through the Twelve Days of Christmas display, sing along to the sounds of the season with Traditional Carollers or listen to the Festive Brass, then stop in at the Coffee Shop to warm up with a hot chocolate and gingerbread by the fire.
While the flowers sleep, we dress The Gardens with boughs of greenery—and lights galore! The Gardens come to life with a colourful display of lights, including scenes depicting The Twelve Days of Christmas. Wander the pathways to discover each scene while you sing along to the classic Christmas carol.
Lace up your skates and step onto the rink: nestled under strings of twinkling lights, our 5,000-square-foot outdoor rink adds a little romance to a classic Canadian pastime. Breathe in the fresh air, and when you’re done on the ice, warm up by the fire with family or friends and a cup of hot chocolate.
- Skating is available every day of the Christmas season, based on availability.
- Skate times run on the hour and last 40 minutes.
- Skating must be booked prior to skate time. You can show up and skate at the next available time or choose a time later on, but be sure to reserve your spot at the Visitor Information Centre upon arrival at The Gardens.
- Skate rentals are available for $3.00 +tax on a first come, first served basis.
- Helmets and wrist guards are available at no charge.
- The rink capacity is 75.
Adult: $5.00 + tax
Youth: $4.00 + tax
Child: $3.00 + tax
Skate rental: $3.00 + tax
With traditional carollers and a festive brass band, there’s no shortage of seasonal sounds at The Gardens! Step into the Piazza and sing along to classic carols sure to put you in the Christmas spirit. The sound of the festive brass instruments and traditional carollers will follow you down the garden path, greeting you at the beginning and end of your tour.
• Every night from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
• Traditional Carollers and Festive Brass alternate every half hour
Combining Christmas merriment with The Gardens’ renowned fare, festive dining is an experience to remember. In the Dining Room Restaurant, choose from seasonal afternoon tea or delicious dinner (including a special Christmas Day dinner), or opt for the more casual fare in the Blue Poppy Restaurant. This is the time of year to indulge in the rich and sweet flavours, take in the lights display, then sit in the Piazza to listen to the music of the season.
For children 12 and under, we invite you to make your own snowflake at home from an 8×11 sheet of white paper. Bring it to The Gardens when you visit, and we will trade you a cup of hot chocolate for your snowflake at our Coffee Shop. Your unique snowflake will adorn the windows of the Coffee Shop throughout the Christmas season.