Chef’s Recipes: Turkey and Cranberry Brie Strudel and Sugar Cookies
Bring your loved ones together this holiday season with festive fare that is sure to end up as family favourites. Our talented culinary team is pleased to share their Turkey and Cranberry Brie Strudel and Sugar Cookie recipes with you. The Turkey and Cranberry Brie Strudel is featured on the Seasonal Afternoon Tea menu and gives you those traditional tastes of the season.
Turkey Cranberry Brie Strudel
Cranberry chutney, yield 1 kg
|Crystallized ginger||100 g|
|Red Onion||100 g|
- Add all ingredients into a sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to a low simmer and cook
until desired thickness.
|Ground turkey||2 kg|
|Leeks (sautéed)||100 g|
|Black pepper||15 g|
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
|Cranberry chutney||600 g|
|Brie cheese sliced||500 g|
|12 x 18 puff pastry|
|Eggs whisked together (egg wash)|
Method Assembly = 3 strudels
- Lay puff pastry out on floured work surface, and brush all
edges with egg.
- In the center of the puff dough, spread 200 grams of cranberry
chutney lengthwise (there will be leftover chutney).
- Place 1/3 of the turkey filling recipe on top the chutney.
- Top with sliced Brie and fold puff dough over filling and secure
brushed edges together.
- Score the top of the puff dough with a knife, brush with remaining
egg wash, and bake at 400°F for 16 minutes.
- Portion each strudel into 8 pieces.
Download and print: Turkey Cranberry Brie Strudel
The Sugar Cookie recipe gives you the basics for perfect cookies and icing and leaves it up to you to decide how you choose to add your own festive flare.
Cookies, approximately 4 dozen
|Butter||1 lb||454 g|
|Sugar||2 cups||400 g|
|Vanilla||1 tbsp||15 ml|
| All purpose gluten-free flour
* If using regular all-purpose flour
| 5¼ cups
| 750 g
|Baking powder||1 tsp||5 ml|
|Salt||1 tsp||5 ml|
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl
after each egg is added.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, combine on low speed until
dough is formed.
- Remove from bowl and roll out approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Cut desired shapes, re–rolling the remaining dough until it’s all used up.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 365°F until bottom
and edges of cookies are golden, approx. 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely then decorate as desired.
Royal icing, enough to decorate 4 dozen cookies
|Meringue powder||6 tbsp||50 g|
|Warm water||2 oz||60 ml|
|Cream of tartar||1 tsp||4 g|
|Icing sugar||2.2 lbs||1 kg|
|White corn syrup||1 tbsp||15 ml|
|More water as needed||approx. 1½ – 2 cups|
- Combine meringue powder and 2 oz warm water and whisk until
medium stiff peaks form.
- Add cream of tartar and continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
- Remove whisk attachment and replace with paddle attachment.
- Add icing sugar and 1 cup water. Mix until smooth and fully combined.
- Add corn syrup and water as needed until desired consistency is
reached. Toothpaste consistency for piping/details, and shampoo
consistency for flooding.
- Colour as needed and decorate cookies as desired. Allow 6-8 hours
for icing to fully harden.
Download and print: Sugar Cookies and Royal Icing