The Butchart Gardens is open to the public, welcoming you to take solace from this beautiful garden. We are following all the rules of the Provincial Health Officer and the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC). We need you to follow our rules to keep you and your families and our staff and their families safe. This will allow us to remain open to offer comfort to all those who wish to visit in these difficult times.
- Please follow the instructions of our staff.
- Please be patient as we are closely monitoring how many visitors are allowed into the garden at one time. Maintain physical distancing, and do not allow you or your group to get within 2m/6ft of another person or group.
- Children and pets MUST remain directly at your side, or we will be forced to ask you to leave.
- Please keep to the right on all pathways. Follow the directional arrows and abide by the Do Not Enter signs.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in your removal from the premises.
Please note that you are visiting The Butchart Gardens at your own risk.
Visitors will be asked the following questions before being admitted to The Gardens:
- Have you experienced cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone else who has had these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- If you have travelled outside of Canada, have you quarantined in Canada for 14 days?
GARDENS AND FACILITIES
DRINKING FOUNTAINS AND SEATING
Water and limited seating are available at the Carousel Building for seniors and others who may have health issues.
We ask that where possible you bring your own water.
Available at the turnstile entrance and near the Carousel Building.
ROSE CAROUSEL & BOAT TOURS
Closed until further notice.
The Dining Room Restaurant is open for Afternoon Tea, with limited seating, from 11:30am to 3:00pm, following all guidelines for physical distancing. Reservations are highly recommended, or please call 250-652-8222.
The Coffee Shop is open with limited dine-in and outdoor seating, following all guidelines for physical distancing, take-away service is also available.
Annabelle’s Café is open for soft-serve ice cream, sandwiches, hot dogs, cold beverages, coffee, tea, cappuccino beverages, hot chocolate, and complimentary take-away water.
Gelateria is open in the Italian Garden.
Blue Poppy Restaurant remains temporarily closed.
SEED & GIFT STORE
Open daily 11:00am to 3:00pm, following protocols to allow for physical distancing, capacity monitoring and sanitary precautions. Online shopping and phone-in orders are available, 250-652-4422, with complimentary pick-up at the Admission Gate.
Due to COVID-19 we are unable to supply umbrellas.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING LAWN CHAIRS or FOOD TO THE GARDENS
A limited number of benches are available.
We are not permitting picnics or seated gatherings. Small snacks and drinks for medical purposes are permitted.
Due to COVID-19 and physical distancing, we are currently not permitting the use of tripods for photography throughout The Gardens.
Open for 12 Month Pass sales and renewals only. Plant I.D. is temporarily unavailable.
NO CASH TRANSACTIONS
Debit and credit cards accepted.
SUMMER FIREWORK SATURDAYS & NIGHT ILLUMINATIONS
Due to COVID-19 we will not have our 2020 summer Fireworks displays or Night Illuminations.
COVID-19 is beyond our control and as we cannot see into the future, we have not, as yet, cancelled all of our entertainment, hoping we may be able to offer something later in July or August.
IF YOU HAVE A MASK, YOU ARE WELCOME TO WEAR IT
This is our most up-to-date information, please continue to check back for updates.
Learn more about the steps we are taking to protect Visitors and Staff by clicking here.
Travel to Canada: See details here.